Apple-Cranberry Crisp Recipe
Published: July 24, 2014
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 45 mins
- Ready In: 60 mins
A wonderful combination of apples and fresh cranberries with a crisp, pecan topping.
- 2 pounds Granny Smith apples peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cups cranberries
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter cut in pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C.) Butter an 8 inch square baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together apples, cranberries, white sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Place evenly into baking dish.
- In the same bowl, combine oats, flour and brown sugar. With a fork, mix in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until topping is golden brown, and apples are tender.